Posted under Photography
The camera stuff was on hold temporarily while I did some yarn/dyeing stuff, but there has been a few new acquisitions. I scored a batch of 4×5 sheet film holders on eBay, which I’m planning on using in the 4×5 pinhole cameras I’m working on building. They came with three 4×3.25 film holders, too. So, when they arrived, the first thing I did was pop one of the little ones open and discovered a sheet of film inside. Huh. Wasn’t expecting that. Went through the lot of them today in the dark bag, and found that the 3 small holders all had two sheets of film inside, and one of the bigger ones had a sheet of 4×5 film inside as well. The little ones are labelled ‘Ansco Color I.’ I’m guessing that any Ansco color film was made before C-41 processing, so I guess what I’m going to do at some point is try developing a sheet of the film in black and white chems. If I get an image, I’ll go ahead and develop the rest, if not, I’ll just go ahead and shoot the film inside the film holders.
Travis and I went to an antique store in Mansfield this weekend and I picked up some interesting bits. The expensive thing was this Kodak No. 1A Pocket Junior camera. It was $20, and has a few cosmetic flaws, but generally seems to be in good condition.
It takes 116 film, and I was looking for another 116 camera (especially since I gutted the last 116 folding camera I had), and it’s green, so it’s a win all around. Plus, it has this nifty art deco detail on it.
Also picked up a Conley Junior for $3.
This camera is pretty much falling apart and takes a weird sized film, but no matter. The shutter element still works perfectly, and hey! A bulb cord thingy! Awesome. This is destined to become a pinhole camera.
This mysterious lens was $5.
Again, the shutter works perfectly on it. So, I should be good for having enough working shutters around for me to make 4 or 5 pinhole cameras. Hooray! Now all I need is to actually get them done.
I also need to do my E-6 processing. I’ve been shooting some of the Kodak EDupe sheet film I have, both in the new Ansco box camera and in the Hannakube pinhole camera. I’m looking forward to seeing how the film performs. I’ve used it in the Hannakube before, but cross processed it in C41 chems and wasn’t really crazy about the result.
Maybe it’ll look totally different when it’s processed properly. I think I’m going to pick up a box of proper 4×5 slide film before I go on vacation, though.