I made curtains for the craft room. Previously, there had been some towels and pieces of fabric covering the windows, because I never got around to making any curtains. I kind of like these evern though the two shades of lime green don’t match each other at all. My original intent was to hang these the other way, with the poofy transparent pleated green at the bottom, but I had the thought that Ellie would probably destroy these even quicker if that was the fabric she could most easily mess with, so I flipped them upside down. I think they work a lot better this way.
I made them really short so that Ellie wouldn’t inadvertently lay on the edge of the curtain and pull the rod down (she’s done that before). They wound up floating about a 1/2 inch off the window frame.
I find that the more I sew, the less I measure. Whether that’s due to overconfidence or just plain laziness (probably the latter), I’m not sure. When I made these, the main fabric was just so slinky that after trying to work on them sensibly, I just said “Screw it,” and started hacking at the excess fabric with shears. I think they turned out okay. Not professionally done, by any means, but a hell of a lot nicer than towels and scrap fabric. If Ellie shreds these, I’ll eventually weave some replacements.