Posted under Weaving
Toby step for in the bedroom! This was something I’ve been meaning to get done for forever, and yesterday the weather was nice enough that Travis dragged the box out to the driveway for me to paint and got a lid cut for it. We’ve got this big sheet of 3/4″ MDF we’re working on using up – my god is that stuff heavy! Anyway, we were able to put a dent in it yesterday.
After the box was painted and the lid was cut, I did some quick math and then we got a warp on the loom. I used some handdyed cotton as the warp, and my 4-ply handspun from earlier this year as the weft. I added about 3″ to each side for my warp to allow me enough extra to fold over and staple, and that turned out to be the perfect amount.
The weaving was done this morning:
…and it only took me about 15 minutes to get it off the loom and stapled to the lid. Hooray!