I saw this basic idea a while ago on a homebrew site or forum or something. I can’t remember where. Anyway we have had this stuck up in the attic for a while. I think we used to grow plants in it. It’s not the prettiest job of cutting the holes, but it works great. Check it out….
I cut three holes in the side and that seems to be enough airflow.
Sock-a-holic Katie came down and played Keggle with Jacki and I yesterday. That’s always a lot of fun. We dyed up a ton of yarn and fiber. I spent this morning washing it all out. I wash and Jacki spins and hangs. A system, we has it.
We decided to do a big dinner today. Ok Jacki thought of it, but I agreed it was good idea. So the Irish St. Patty’s day dinner was organized. Beer bread from this recipe is really good. I used Brooklyn Brewery’s Black Chocolate Stout instead of Guinness. Mostly just because that’s what I had. Check it….
The rest of the meal is corned beef, cabbage, and baked potato. Really freaking good meal and really not all that hard to make.
We didn’t really have anything Irish to drink so we went with the New Glarus Wisconsin Belgian Red. It went really well with the meal.
Oh and the dogs had a good time in the yard while Katie was here. They chewed and chewed on their sticks.
Till next time. Hopefully it won’t be months before I’m motivated to post again :)
So I talked last night of the stuff that we did yesterday. Well here come the pictures. We are going to kick it off with a two in one. This is one of the two orifice hooks that I made for Jacki. You use these to pull yarn through the orifice of a spinning wheel. It’s laying on top of some BFL that I dyed.
This is going to have a lot of pictures so come with me under the fold….
So it’s been a while since I posted. Just been in a computer funk. Since Portland I just really haven’t wanted to be on the computer much. I also decided that my blog didn’t have to be a job. So I’ll post when I feel like it or get around to it or whatever.
I haven’t really been up to anything anyway. Working a lot mainly. I took today and tomorrow off just because I can. So I helped Jacki dye a bunch of stuff today and I also dyed up some roving for me. I don’t have any pictures of it yet. I’ll try to post some tomorrow.
I also finally finished the yarn that I started a while ago. I dyed the roving for this and then Jacki and I split the roving and each spun up half. Here is some of it in progress. I’ll have pictures of it plyed up tomorrow.